How to Scan Documents on Your iPhone or iPad
Your iPad or iPhone has a built in document scanner.
Apple’s document scanner is hidden inside the Notes app, and because it supports in-app sharing, you can store the newly scanned document anywhere you want.
How to scan a document on an iPhone and iPad:
1. Launch the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad. The app icon looks like this:
2. Create a New Note by selecting the icon in the lower right corner.
3. Tap the More button just above the keyboard. It looks like a plus (+) symbol.
4. Select Scan Document from the list of options.
5. Line up the document you wish to scan. You will see a box appear around the document.
6. If the scanner doesn’t automatically scan, tap the shutter button to manually scan the document. This button looks the same as the button to take a picture in the Camera app.
7. If you have multiple pages, repeat steps 5 and 6 for each page.
8. Tap Save when you have all of the pages you want to include with one document.
The scanned pages will populate in a new note in the Notes app.
How to send a scanned document to another app on you iPhone or iPad:
1. With the scanned document open, tap the Share button in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select which app you want to share the document through. You can share it via email or text, print it, convert it to a PDF, and save the file as a PDF from these options.
3. Complete the process of sending or sharing the document.
How to delete a scanned document on your iPhone or iPad
1. With the scanned document open, swipe to the left or the right to select the page you wish to delete.
2. Tap the Trash button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap Delete Scan
You will only delete the specific scanned page you have selected. If you want to delete the entire document, simply delete the note it was created in.