What is Sonos and Why Should You Care?
If you want to listen to music in any room of your house without the expense and hassle of having to run wires for speakers or using complicated sound systems, Sonos may be the answer you’re looking for.
Sonos has become a leader in home audio, thanks in no small part to its high-quality speakers that can stream sound around your home.
What is Sonos?
Sonos is a wireless sound system that runs on your home’s wireless network and is controlled by a user-friendly app from your phone or tablet.
The best part of the Sonos experience is the ability to play different music throughout your home. So, if you want to play classical music in the living room and pop music in your family room, for example, go for it. And at any time, you can sync those speakers to listen to the same track in different rooms.
All of the Sonos speakers can be controlled on the app running on your phone (or via voice commands, thanks to Sonos One), and you can adjust everything from what you’re playing to music volume from the program.
Ultimately, you’ll find that Sonos delivers a fully wireless experience and far more control over what you play and when you play it than many other options on the market.
Sonos offers a range of products suited for your individual needs.
- The Sonos Play:1 is perfect for small rooms or when paired with multiple units for stereo sound.
- The Sonos One is a amart speaker that works with Amazon Alex or Google Home and offers the same quality sound as the Play:1 speakers.
- The Sonos Play:5 can easily fill larger rooms with high quality sound.
- The Sonos Playbar is a full-fledged TV soundbar that offers wireless surround sound for your TV. It can be mounted on the wall or placed below your TV screen.
- The Sonos Subwoofer adds bass to your surround sound Sonos setup.
- The Sonos Amp is the perfect solution to upgrade your existing system if you already have speakers or a sound system installed and want an easy to use alternative to wirelessly play your favorite music
These components can be paired together to create a custom sound system based on your individual needs and the layout of your home.
Most music streaming services are compatible with a Sonos system. Streaming services include Sirius XM, Spotify, Apple Music, and Pandora, to name a few).